Last Updated on 10/13/2016
The information that we collect:
- When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect information about you or that can be used to identify you, including your name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, age, gender, date of birth. For example, you may provide us with Personal Information when you register for a EngageLoans account, when you fill out forms or fields on the Site, when you participate in online surveys, and when you contact us or request information about us, this Site and our Service (whether by email or other means).
- When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect certain financial information including your social security number, financial account information, investments, income, expenses, investible assets, investing risk tolerance, and other similar types of information.
- When you use certain Services (such as the prequalifying for credit cards or loans), you authorize EngageLoans to send your information to certain third party partners on your behalf and you authorize these partners to obtain credit reports and related information about you from one or more consumer reporting agencies.
The foregoing information is referred to as “Personal Information.”
- Cookies Information
When you use the Services, we may send one or more Cookies (which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device. We may use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A Session Cookie disappears after you close your browser. A Persistent Cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent Cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your Cookie settings. If you delete, or choose not to accept, Cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit the Site, use the Services, or open an email from EngageLoans, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. When you use the Site on a mobile device, we may also collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or wireless local area network signals.
Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons
We may implement third party advertising or other content on the Site that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third party content provider to read and write Cookies to your web browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Site. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow a third party to collect information about you through their browser Cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by third parties, and EngageLoans does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
Information from Other Sources
1. Registration and Account Security. To use the Services you must (i) be at least eighteen (18) years of age; (ii) have not previously been suspended or removed from the Services; and (iii) register for and use the Services in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- A. Account Registration.
- To access some features of the Services, you may be required to register for an account. When you register for an account, we may ask you to give us certain identifying information about yourself, including but not limited to your email address and other contact information, and to create a user name and password (“Registration Information”). When registering for and maintaining an account, you agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself. You also agree not to impersonate anyone, misrepresent any affiliation with anyone else, use false information, or otherwise conceal your identity from EngageLoans for any purpose..
- B. You Are Responsible For Your Account.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password and other Registration Information. For your protection and the protection of other users, we ask you not to share your Registration Information with anyone else. If you do share this information with anyone, we will consider their activities to have been authorized by you. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us at support@EngageLoans.com.
Our policies on email:
We ourselves send out two kinds of emails. Our members may receive: 1. Welcome emails that may provide you with your username / password as well as valuable resources. 2. Email newsletters that will contain valuable tips / advice as well as information and links to our trusted partners. You can always opt out of this newsletter so you will no longer receive our newsletter. Please understand you may receive e-mails from our partners who are trying to assist you- you may opt-out at any time from their e-mails.
Arbitration of All Disputes:
You and we agree that any and all claims, disputes or controversies between you and us, any claim by either of us against the other (or the employees, officers, directors, agents, servicers or assigns of the other) and any claim arising from or relating to your application for this loan, regarding this loan or any other loan you previously or may later obtain from us, this Note, this agreement to arbitrate all disputes, your agreement not to bring, join or participate in class actions, regarding collection of the loan, alleging fraud or misrepresentation, whether under common law or pursuant to federal, state or local statute, regulation or ordinance, including disputes regarding the matters subject to arbitration, or otherwise, shall be resolved by binding individual (and not joint) arbitration by and under the Code of Procedure of the National Arbitration Forum ("NAF") in effect at the time the claim is filed.
This agreement to arbitrate all disputes shall apply no matter by whom or against whom the claim is filed. Rules and forms of the NAF may be obtained and all claims shall be filed at any NAF office, on the World Wide Web at www.arb-forum.com, by telephone at 800-474-2371, or at "National Arbitration Forum, P.O. Box 0191, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55405." Your arbitration fees will be waived by the NAF in the event you cannot afford to pay them. The cost of a participatory hearing, if one is held at your or our request, will be paid for solely by us and will take place at a location near your residence. This arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce. It shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sections 1-16. Judgment upon the award may be entered by any party in any court having jurisdiction.
NOTICE: YOU AND WE WOULD HAVE HAD A RIGHT OR OPPORTUNITY TO LITIGATE DISPUTES THROUGH A COURT AND HAVE A JUDGE OR JURY DECIDE THE DISPUTES BUT HAVE AGREED INSTEAD TO RESOLVE DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION.
Agreement Not To Bring, Join Or Participate In Class Actions:
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that you will not bring, join or participate in any class action as to any claim, dispute or controversy you may have against us, our employees, officers, directors, servicers and assigns. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a lawsuit or to remove you as a participant in the suit. You agree to pay the attorney's fees and court costs we incur in seeking such relief. This agreement does not constitute a waiver of any of your rights and remedies to pursue a claim individually and not as a class action in binding arbitration as provided above. This agreement not to bring, join, or participate in class actions is an independent agreement and shall survive the closing and repayment of the loan for which you are applying. By submitting this Application you certify that all of the information provided above is true, complete and correct and provided to us for the purpose of inducing us to make the loan for which you are applying. You also agree to the Agreement to Arbitrate All Disputes and the Agreement Not To Bring, Join Or Participate in Class Actions. You authorize us to verify all in formation that you have provided and acknowledge that this information may be used to verify certain past and/or current credit or payment history information from third party source(s). We may utilize Check Loan Verification or other similar consumer-reporting agency for these purposes. We may disclose all or some of the nonpublic personal information about you that we collect to financial service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as the servicer of your short term loan, and to financial institutions with which we have joint marketing arrangements. Such disclosures are made as necessary to effect, administer and enforce the loan you request or authorize and any loan you may request or authorize with other financial institutions with regard to the processing, funding, servicing, repayment and collection of your loan.